Are you struggling to get started with your academic writing? Or have you hit a block? If so, this one-day online writing retreat can help you get back on track and make significant progress with your article or thesis. You get the time and structure to focus.
With guidance from an experienced facilitator, you’ll set realistic goals and achieve them in a supportive virtual environment. The programme includes warm-up exercises, group discussion, and 1-2-1 coaching. And you’ll receive instruction in advance on how best to prepare for the retreat.
By the end of the retreat, you’ll have:
- a better understanding of your writing process and habits
- strategies for improving your focus
- techniques for planning and measuring progress
- a peer group
- (hopefully) a big chunk of writing!
Please note, this is an online writing retreat and is hosted on Zoom. Participants will need the following:
- Computer, laptop, or smartphone with a stable internet connection
- Sound (and headphones, if you’re in shared space)
- Microphone (if you’d like an optional 1-2-1)
How it Works
The event comprises:
- An online course on how to plan a piece of writing, prepare your materials, and boost your productivity (participants receive this in advance)
- Live webinars at the beginning and end of each writing session (4 in total)
- An optional 1-2-1 coaching session with the facilitator
- Follow-up coaching emails
- Further resources
10.00-10.30 – Welcome and Warm-up
10.30-12.45 – Writing & 1-2-1s
12.45-13.00 – Pre-lunch Catch-up
13.00-14.00 – LUNCH
14.00-14.15 – Afternoon Warm-up
14.15-16.30 – Writing & 1-2-1s
16.30-17.00 – Closing Session
This event is aimed at researchers in all disciplines and at any stage.
“Catherine’s blend of writing experience, practical tips, calmness and sense of humour has really helped me part my inner editor and to gain confidence in myself as a writer.”
“Catherine has helped me improve my writing and my productivity, each year of the PhD the courses impact me differently and my progress reflects this – thank you.”
“I found Catherine’s retreat very useful particularly in changing my attitude towards writing. It helped me reconsider how I approach the task of writing so that it is no longer a horrific, impossible task.”
This retreat costs £775 + VAT for up to 16 participants.
Participants will receive access to the course on receipt of a purchase order. We’ll then arrange a date with you for the live webinar and make all the necessary technical arrangements. This is all managed by us, you just need to let us know the students’ names and email addresses.
Please contact us if you’d like to book this event or if you have any questions.