Have you submitted your thesis, or are you getting close to completion? Are you now contemplating the next step in your PhD? This online course guides you through the process of preparing for your viva and giving the best possible performance on the day.
Through discussions, videos, and activities, you’ll learn what to expect from the viva and also make a start on your preparation. There’s help from Wonderwoman and the Pointer Sisters, too.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a clear strategy and more confidence in facing this next challenge.
We’ll demystify the viva and answer questions such as:
- How are my examiners chosen?
- What on earth are they going to ask me?
- How do I deal with mistakes?
- What if my mind goes blank?
- How do I cope with difficult examiners?
- What’s an online viva like?
There will also be an opportunity to experience a mock viva.
Each week, we’ll address a specific aspect of viva preparation. Between sessions, you’ll be given activities to work on at your own pace.
This training is aimed at late-stage PhD students in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
What you’ll get
- Six 2-hour webinars, including group discussions and Q&A
- Activities to complete between live sessions
- A short video-based course for you to follow at your own pace
- Follow-up coaching emails to keep you on track
- Links to further resources
This course costs £3600 + VAT for up to 24 participants.
On receipt of a purchase order, we’ll then arrange a date with you for the live webinars and make all the necessary technical arrangements. Participants will get access to an online welcome pack ahead of the first session. Everything is managed by us, you just need to let us know the students’ names and email addresses.
Please contact us if you’d like to book this training or if you have any questions.