Are you close to a full draft of your thesis? Does it resemble a baggy monster that needs taming? If so, this course is for you. Through activities and tutorials, you’ll learn techniques for getting your thesis into shape. By the end of the course, you’ll have a perfectly polished chapter and a clear strategy for tackling the rest of your thesis.
- How much time do you need for editing?
- What are your examiners looking for?
- Academic writing conventions
- Improving your thesis structure
- Signposting your argument
- Maintaining consistency, clarity and connections
- Wrangling with grammar and style
- Proofreading your own work
- Soliciting and implementing feedback
You'll also get the opportunity to receive feedback on your writing.
Each week, we'll look at a specific aspect of editing. You'll get the chance to discuss it, then apply the techniques in your own writing. Between sessions, you'll also give and receive feedback in peer groups.