Are you close to a full draft of your thesis? Does it resemble a baggy monster that needs taming? If so, this course is for you. Through activities and tutorials, you’ll learn techniques for getting your thesis into shape. By the end of the course, you’ll have a perfectly polished chapter and a clear strategy for tackling the rest of your thesis.We’ll cover:
- How much time do you need for editing?
- What are your examiners looking for?
- Academic writing conventions
- Improving your thesis structure
- Signposting your argument
- Maintaining consistency, clarity and connections
- Wrangling with grammar and style
- Proofreading your own work
- Soliciting and implementing feedback
You’ll also get the opportunity to receive feedback on your writing.
Each week, we’ll look at a specific aspect of editing. You’ll get the chance to discuss it, then apply the techniques in your own writing. Between sessions, you’ll also give and receive feedback in peer groups.
This training is aimed at late-stage PhD students in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
What you’ll get
- Six 2-hour webinars, including group discussions and Q&A
- Activities to complete between live sessions
- A short video-based course for you to follow at your own pace
- Follow-up coaching emails to keep you on track
- Links to further resources
This course costs £3600 + VAT for up to 24 participants.
On receipt of a purchase order, we’ll then arrange a date with you for the live webinars and make all the necessary technical arrangements. Participants will get access to an online welcome pack ahead of the first session. Everything is managed by us, you just need to let us know the students’ names and email addresses.
Please contact us if you’d like to book this training or if you have any questions.