Make a flying start to your PhD with this practical training, designed to prepare you for the doctoral journey ahead. You’ll get the opportunity to network with other researchers and build your skills in communication, problem-solving, and time management.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What skills do you need for your PhD and beyond?
- Project managing your thesis
- Establishing your priorities
- Staying focused and motivated
- Working with your supervisor
- Identifying training & development needs
- Looking after your health & wellbeing
Each week, we’ll address a specific topic. Between sessions, you’ll work on activities at your own pace and participate in optional peer discussions.
This training is aimed at early-stage PhD students in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
What you’ll get
- Six 2-hour webinars, including group discussions and Q&A
- Activities to complete between live sessions
- A short video-based course for you to follow at your own pace
- Follow-up coaching emails to keep you on track
- Links to further resources
“Really good concrete tips that are easy to put into action as a way of overcoming fear, writer’s block, imposter syndrome and time management.”
“I came away feeling energised about my project with lots of new strategies to tackle work and organise my research.”
“It was a really interesting & informative workshop with a wide range of topics covered, I found them all really helpful to me & relevant to my own work”
This course costs £3600 + VAT for up to 24 participants.
On receipt of a purchase order, we’ll then arrange a date with you for the live webinars and make all the necessary technical arrangements. Participants will get access to an online welcome pack ahead of the first session. Everything is managed by us, you just need to let us know the students’ names and email addresses.
Please contact us if you’d like to book this training or if you have any questions.